Opiod Overprescription Lawsuit Attorney
Opiod Litigation Attorney Alex R. Hernandez Jr.
Many victims of America’s opioid epidemic are filing lawsuits against physicians, pharmacists, and drug wholesalers. They claim that these doctors and entities caused or contributed to their addictions to prescription painkillers.
Opioid narcotics are drugs that bind to opioid receptors to block or reduce feelings of pain. They are often prescribed for patients who have just had surgery or experienced physical trauma such as a car accident or serious sports injury. Opioid addiction is a serious problem. There have been more than 165,000 deaths related to opioid addiction since 1999, and there have been 19,000 deaths due to opioid overdoses. Some experts link this addiction problem to over-prescriptions by doctors. Doctors’ prescriptions for such drugs as Vicodin and Oxycontin sometimes far exceed the federal guidelines in place to avoid patient addiction and related problems
The most commonly prescribed opioids include:
- Oxycodone (brand names: OxyContin, Roxicodone, Oxecta)
Though doctors no longer prescribe it, heroin produces a similar effect as the above drugs. When the government finally cracked down on opioid prescriptions, many people who had become addicted to them switched over to heroin to achieve a similar feeling—often with deadly results.
We are handling overprescription lawsuit matters against these manufacturers and distributors of opiods to get the following damages
- Increased expenses of drug treatment programs
- Medical care/hospitalizations
- Emergency medical transportation
- Costs of law enforcement response/investigations
- Costs of prosecutions and incarcerations
- Costs of repair for property damage
and to recover
- Medical expenses, including money (often thousands of dollars) spent on the prescription drugs in question
- Costs for drug treatment programs
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses (if they lost a loved one to overdose)
- Any other relief the Court deems fair and just
So call Alex R. Hernandez Jr. today if you or a loved one are a victim of opiod addiction through the negligence of another.
Call 1-888-HDZLAW-8 Alex R. Hernandez Jr.